Friday, April 2, 2021

Episode 97 - I'm Sloppy...

In an episode that I unfortunately didn't edit I talk about personal stuff, then music from Steve Earle and Neil Young and then the movie Young Sherlock Holmes. At one point I admit a crush I had when I was five years old and how I'm following up on it when I'm 40. It's a weird, Ketel One fueled episode. Sorry! Enjoy!

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro, including tributes to George Segal and Beverly Cleary.
  • 16:16 - Music Break - Outdoor Summer Concerts
  • 16:46 - Music reviews: Steve Earle's "J.T." and Neil Young's "Young Shakespeare."
  • 28:02 - Music Break - Outlaw
  • 28:32 - Young Sherlock Holmes
  • 43:12 - Music Break - Nobody Has It All
  • 43:47 - Outro
Photos:
Here's the cover. Of course. Because I know you want it.

A great album that's a wonderful tribute from a father to his late son. I say it in the episode too, but if you have a soul, please BUY this record. Don't stream it. BUY IT. The artist profits from this album go into a trust to benefit Justin Townes Earle's daughter--and she deserves every penny. Buy it. Buy it buy it buy it. Buy. It. 

Of the two Live Neil Young albums that have been released (so far?) this year, this is probably the one you want. A pre-Harvest (yet featuring a bunch of songs from Harvest) release, this is Neil alone with just his guitar and that's my favorite version of him. Check it out.

A movie from 1985 that you probably missed. And I talk about it like you've seen it. And I admit a crush I had on a girl when I was 5. There's a lot in that segment...


No comments:

Post a Comment