Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Obviously I didn't do an episode this week...or DID I?

Hi Checkmates.  By now you've noticed (?) that a new episode wasn't uploaded this week. "He probably got busy and didn't have time to record one..." 

Well...you're half right...

I DID get busy. But I also DID record an episode...I just didn't have time to EDIT it. And as the week has gone on, more edits have been jumping out everywhere I look. For example, I spent part of the recording talking about the Chauvin trial, which concluded today with guilty verdicts on ALL COUNTS. I'm very happy with that result. But it also made the episode I still have not been able to edit dated.  About five-minutes have to go there...

Also I mentioned in the episode that I was scheduled to get my first COVID shot and I was a little nervous about it.  Well...I got the shot today and I'm no longer nervous about it. I am a little nervous about the second one because the first one made my arm sorer than I anticipated and made me a little sleepy. Neither of which is a bad or unexpected reaction. My arm just feels like I bumped into a door-frame or something at the point of injection--an ache but not an unbearable one. I'm tired, but I've been this tired before. I've even been this tired already THIS WEEK. It's not bad. But a friend told me "the first shot wakes up your immune system...the second pisses it off." So I expect to need the day off for the second shot on May 11. But that's okay. It's better than the alternative, and the boost in peace of mind I got from the first one fills me with confidence in getting the second one. But nevertheless...that's another several minutes of the episode I recorded gone. Five? Ten? Who knows?

The rest is probably salvageable, but I'd have to listen to the whole thing and make the edits, etc...and at this point, why don't I just put up an episode at the end of the week instead and avoid pressing issues that'll be over by the time I upload? So that's the plan... Sorry I had my hands full this week.

One more thing though... I've realized we're at almost 100 episodes! Officially there have been 97 episodes of the show so far. Later this week I plan to upload episode 98. And you may be wondering if I've got big plans for show #100... Nah. Not really. I don't plan on doing a highlight show of my "best bits" or anything like that--I don't even know how I'd choose them other than to listen to 97 episodes between now and then, clipping out stuff I liked. As I just indicated, I can't even find time to edit ONE show at the moment...I'm not digging through 97! But I did want to throw the following out there...

I like getting comments and e-mails and stuff and I've got a couple saved that I want to talk about on the show...but I'd kinda love it if that were the WHOLE show for episode #100. A whole show outlined by YOU. I'd love to to just a full hour of mailbag stuff...  Or at least a decent segment of it, if there aren't enough replies...  But if you're interested in having me read a question on the show...hit me up! Leave a comment here with a question or do the same on the Podbean page. Or--and this seems to be what most people like doing--e-mail me your questions at db@derekbrink.com and I promise that even if I don't end up reading it on the show, I'll at least reply.

So...episode 100 will be in your hands. If you use them, that is. If not I'll probably talk about Deadliest Catch or something. :)

Talk to you soon. I promise.

-Uncle Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment