Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Episode 151 - Coxnoxeges? Tasty Sacks?

 ...boy you can really hear my fridge running in this episode. Ah well...

In this week's episode, I talk about the last couple of years of Doctor Who with particular focus on Jodie Whittaker's final episode. Then I get into music and talk about the recent releases from Paramore, Feist, The Hold Steady, Manchester Orchestra, and Metallica. And I close out the show by begging for money. So there's a little bit of everything. Enjoy!

Email me at db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

  • 0:00 Intro
  • 11:01 - Forever's Not Long Enough
  • 11:43 - Doctor Who
  • 34:07 - You and You Alone
  • 34:37 - New Music Releases
    • 34:50 - Paramore - This is Why
    • 38:04 - Feist - Multitudes
    • 39:43 - The Hold Steady - The Price of Progress
    • 41:21 - Manchester Orchestra - The Valley of Vision
    • 46:44 - Metallica - 72 Seasons
  • 51:48 - All My Days
  • 52:18 - Outro and Selling Out
Photos:
Here's the cover photo. McGuire wanted in.

Here's a brief summary of the last couple years of Doctor Who!

I was late in getting around to the last special, but WHAT A SHOW! I was blown away by some of the names they got to come back.

The Hold Steady's new one. It'll grow on me, for sure, but for now, it's the THS's new one.

Feist's "Multitudes." If you're here to look at the cover because I did a bad job of describing it on the show, here ya' go.

Sorry Manchester fans. I know. Sorry. I'll accept your e-mailed scorn.

I'm new to Paramore, and it feels like I chose a good one to come in on!

And Metallica's newest one is definitely an album.


No comments:

Post a Comment