Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Episode 164 - Even Edgar Winter Was Entertaining!

In this episode, I talk about seeing Ringo Starr, Squeeze, and the Psychedelic Furs, alongside some other stuff. Sorry I was away so long! But I'm back!

No time index because it's basically one topic... But feel free to email me at db@derekbrink.com. And we've got a bunch of photos!

Here's your cover photo for your collection, Vanessa. (I don't know if there's someone named Vanessa who collects the cover photo, but if there is, she's freaking the fuck out right now.)

This is the microphone I talked about in the episode. I think I've had it since 1994ish? It still delivers every time.

The Raymond Chandler book I referenced. He sure does think it's fine to use gay-slurs!

The Princess Bride. Celebrating it's 50th year! What a cool thing that nobody seems to be talking about for some reason!

Best of Ringo. You probably remember SEVERAL more songs than you think you do!

My Ringo shirt. I've got a soft spot for tie-dye. And peace signs. So this was kind of a no-brainer.

And here it is on me! Y'know one of my favorite random Ringo things is that when he announced that he wasn't going to be autographing things that are mailed to him anymore, he said, "Peace and love, peace and love... I'm WARNING YOU with peace and love..." I just adore the balance of that.

This is, so far, the extent of my Psychedelic Furs collection. But after seeing them, I enjoyed them so much, I can imagine that changing very soon!

My Furs shirt. There were a couple cool options, and my brother got the one I'd have gotten if I didn't get this one.

A handful of Squeeze CDs. I mentioned all of these, so they're the ones I grabbed. I have several more. :)

My shirt! I had a couple choices for Squeeze, too, but how could I go with anything else? This one was just too on-brand for me! I will say that it's an ODD fabric that really holds a wrinkle. I don't know what the fabric blend is...but...like... Cotton, guys... Make shirts from cotton...

And here are those shirts on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment