Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Episode 142- Good is Good

In this episode I talk about the new album my Margo Price, the weirdest movie I've ever seen in my life (The American Astronaut), Wall-E, and the Kurt Vonnegut documentary, "Unstuck in Time." It hangs together a lot better than it sounds... Dig it!

Remember you can e-mail me your thoughts, arguments, and so on at db@derekbrink.com. And so on.

Time Index:

And some photos:
The cover photo.

New album by Margo Price, "Strays." She's seems to be in an interesting Stevie Nicks meets Susanna Hoffs phase that's producing some music that is very different from her earlier work, but is still good.

This is the weirdest fucking movie. And I'm going to spend the rest of my life figuring it out. It's a gift and a curse.

I'd never seen it. But now it's in the Criterion Collection. So I did! And spoiler alert, I LOVED IT!

You know I'm a massive Vonnegut fan. This movie does a good job of helping to explain why. A really beautiful tribute to a guy whose words I deeply miss even though they're never far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment