Sunday, March 24, 2019

Episode 61 - Maxima Mea Culpa

Blogger changed the look of how you make new posts. I don't like it.

Regardless! This week's episode is a "catch-up" episode after I took a month off by accident. I talk about a little bit of everything including St. Patrick's Day, the Flogging Molly show in St. Louis a couple of weeks back, new music from Joe Jackson, Lucero, The Claypool Lennon Delirium, and Chatham County Line, and more! I also bid farewell to Luke Perry, King Kong Bundy, Dick Dale, Keith Flint, and Peter Tork. And I make some promises about the show that I probably can't keep.  Enjoy!
I totally forgot to write down the times to list them here. Sorry about that. But here's a bunch of pictures! (All album covers lovingly lifted from Amazon.)

Cover photo. My theory is that Flogging Molly got tired of seeing bad tattoos so they put out a shirt explicitly telling the fans what to get.

The Claypool Lennon Delirium. A shoulder-shrug of an album. And cover.

Dream Theater - Distance over Time. Is that a robot hand holding the skull?

Lucero - Among the Ghosts. I didn't talk about the album much in the episode, but I did touch on the band and this is their most recent work. In brief, good album, but the last song should've been the first song, to give the whole album more energy.

Chatham County Line - Sharing the Covers. Get it? Because it's a covers album. And a different band already trademarked "Under the Covers," I bet. And I'm just now realizing this is photoshopped. They couldn't even get all of the guys in the same bed at the same time for their lazy-ass joke. Wow.

Joe Jackson - Fool. I feel like I didn't talk about this album enough...but that's okay. I'll have another chance to talk about it at the end of the year when it makes my top ten list.

Me the Friday before St. Patrick's Day. The hat and shirt were both bought at Kerry Cottage here in St. Louis.

As is tradition, I left out a plate of Guinness and potatoes for Jolly Old St. Patrick the night before St. Patrick's Day, awaiting his gifts of corned beef and cabbage.

I buy one of these mugs every St. Patrick's Day at St. James the Greater. It's a shame that the Catholic Church in St. Louis has chosen to shut down the school against the wishes of everyone with sense in the area.

The Irish Aires. Love watching them play every year. This year, they added a violin player.

I also bought this ring at Kerry Cottage. I used to wear a knotwork ring and missed it. So I got this one.

This was on the table where we met for St. Patrick's Day. Now that I'm drinking again, I considered this a very nice thought from my favorite beer.  :)

I talk about Paddy's Irish Whiskey at length in the show. It's my favorite whiskey, and now I can actually FIND the stuff year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment