Thursday, March 28, 2019

Episode 62 (BONUS EPISODE!) - The "Grounds" Episode

On a special bonus episode, I indulge myself and listen to/provide commentary for my very first solo album "Grounds," which was released in 2005. Did I enjoy the experience? What do I think, looking back almost 15 years to the very beginning? Would I do anything differently? What did I think I was doing at the time? How much whiskey did I have to drink to make it through the recording of this episode?  All of these questions and more are answered in this week's episode! Or if you want to hear the album on its own, it's listenable and downloadable at https://derekbrink.bandcamp.com/album/grounds.


It's all just the one topic this week, so there's no time index, but I do have a ton of photos of interest!

Cover photo, per usual.
This is the album cover.

I mentioned in the episode that I still have the cup from the center of the album cover. And here it is! Disappointingly robin's egg blue, isn't it?

Back of the booklet, as described.

Back album cover, as also described.

This is my grandpa's 1930s era Gibson. It isn't worth a penny to anybody but me. Looks damn cool though.

The Takamine 12 String that starts the album.

The Silvertone that provides all of the electric tones on the record.

I also talked a bit about this old Ibanez bass. It's an old friend.

This is part of the damage I mentioned to my Grandpa's old guitar. You can see the crack where the neck-break happened.

More guitar damage. The two kind of faint black circles are where pins were put in to put the neck back together.

This is the Line 6 unit I mentioned. I'll often use this instead of an amp when I record.

...and this is the Denison Witmer album I blanked on the name of when I was recording.  "Of Joy and Sorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment