Saturday, May 1, 2021

I'm not dead. Or in the hospital.

 Contrary to my last post, I obviously didn't get a podcast uploaded. I didn't die or go to the hospital. I went to a parking garage and my car wouldn't start when I tried to leave it. So I called my insurance company's roadside "assistance."

...over the course of the six fucking hours that followed I was lied to repeatedly by a representative (which was later confirmed by her supervisor in almost so many words), I had promises broken, I threatened legal action, I threatened cancelation of policies, and so on... I first called my insurance company at 7:33 p.m. The tow truck was said to be arriving within "75-85 minutes." In actuality it arrived at 1:17 a.m. I got home around 2.

So that's why the episode wasn't uploaded. I'm exhausted. I'm in physical pain from going back and forth between pacing around a parking garage and sitting in a car seat for six hours. I'm emotionally a wreck...this event was preceded by a major panic attack during my work day that resulted in me having to lay down for three hours just to get my heartrate under control... And I'm not getting this done until sometime on Saturday afternoon/evening.

I'm sorry. I appreciate your understanding. I will find a way to make it up to you. The episode I have in the can is a good one, at least.

Thank you for your patience. I've been in hell today...and tomorrow, the repair shop...

-Uncle Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment