Sunday, August 15, 2021

Episode #100!!! - Listener Mail Extravaganza!

We did it, kids! We made it to 100 episodes! This one is completely fan-driven. I just sit and address listener mail for the whole episode. It was fun. I talked about wine, comics, wrestling, swearing, a recent twitter fight, and if I prefer the Beatles or the Stones, among other things.

In the episode I mention that my buddy (and one-time podcast guest) Jim Ousley has a Kickstarter going for his newest comic book venture. Back The Atonement Bell at this link. Or you can pick up some back issues of Butcher Queen here, or the volume 1 trade here.

Otherwise, thanks for 100 episodes! Here's the player:

Here's the time index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 9:27 - Music Break - Live Your Life
  • 9:58 - Emily asks about alcohol.
  • 18:40 - Music Break - Every Day
  • 19:09 - Jack N asks about comic books.
  • 27:53 - Music Break - The Party Years
  • 28:24 - Shannon asks about wrestling.
  • 41:48 - Music Break - Bullshit
  • 42:20 - "Percy" asks about cussing.
  • 47:16 - Music Break - Danielle
  • 47:46 - A different Danielle requests more theme shows.
  • 54:16 - Music Break - Heaven Knows
  • 54:48 - Rick asks about a recent Twitter fight.
  • 1:11:48 - Music Break - Midlife Suicide
  • 1:12:19 - Dr. Poop asks rock and roll questions.
  • 1:21:51 - Music Break - Useless
  • 1:21:51 - Outro
Here are some photos:
Here's the cover. Not much to it this week, but I like it. :)

For Emily, here's a wine I recently enjoyed. Baron des Chartrons Bordeaux.



And another for Emily--I liked this one a lot. And you can see a bottle of Fonseca Porto in the background on the right, too!

A few of Jim Ousley's recent titles, mentioned in the section where I answer Jack's e-mail.

I didn't have anything to represent wrestling, except my shelf of some of my collectibles on it. Y'know of the six guys here four either are or will soon be in AEW. I bought these figures because I wanted to have some memories from my childhood.......

Beatles or Stones?

Thanks so much for your support over the years! This is a fun number to celebrate, but we're nowhere near done! Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment