Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Episode 141 - 11%, Anagrams, Spoilers, Second Chances, and so on...

In the first episode of the new year I review a bunch of stuff from last year, including music from Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and The Smile, and the movies Glass Onion and Clerks III. It's a good one. I'm inexcusably drunk for about half of it, too. So. There's also that. (SPOILERS GALORE on the movies, btw!)

Remember you can e-mail me at db@derekbrink.com with your thoughts and opinions! I answer everybody who isn't mean to me.

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 12:21 - Deeper Than Oceans
  • 12:51 - Music Reviews
    • 14:06 - Bruce Springsteen - Only the Strong Survive
    • 20:58 - The Smile - I don't remember the title and I bet I forget to find it...
    • 27:18 - Neil Young - World Record
  • 34:13 - Lectio Divina
  • 34:43 - Movie Reviews
    • 37:20 - Glass Onion
    • 59:49 - Clerks III
  • 1:13:03 - Absent Friends
  • 1:13:33 - Outro, including me talking to the cats.
Here's the cover photo. There's no physical product (yet?) on Glass Onion, so I just paused a preview. The other stuff is entirely too small to make for a good picture. But they can't all be winners.

Short version: Good album. I didn't know it was a covers album until after I heard it. Which was weird. But still pretty good.

Unsurprisingly, two of the guys from Radiohead produced an album that sounds a hell of a lot like Radiohead.

Neil Young made an album about saving the planet. Again. And it's fine.

Kevin Smith's latest offering goes back to his earliest ambition. It works, despite several beats that fell flat for me. How flat? You'll have to listen to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment