Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Episode 159 - Today's Secret Word

In this episode I pay tribute to Tony Bennett, Sinead O'Connor, and Paul Reubens. Then I talk about the new seasons of Futurama and Good Omens. And we close out with a review of the Paramore show (with Foals and The Linda Lindas) that I saw this past weekend. That and other stuff. It's a fun episode that covers a lot of ground.

email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

Photos: (Note - I do have some Sinead O'Connor albums, but they're in digital form, so they're not pictured. Also I somehow don't have anything that's deeply associated with Paul Reubens for most people, so there's not a photo for him, either...I plan to correct that soon.)

Here's the cover photo. But I bet you already guessed that. Clever you.

I mentioned this microphone in the show. It's from like 1994/5 and it still performs like it's new, even though it certainly doesn't look it! (This actually isn't a bad angle. Trust me, that windscreen is DENTED.)

And here's my newest Shure microphone, which I used to record this episode. Let me know if it sounds better/worse/the same. (I'm hoping for better.) I think I like it. It's at least pretty low-profile.

This is the microphone I normally use. The windscreen makes it bulky. But it's a great mic. I'm not exactly planning to throw it away or anything!

At least most of my Tony Bennett collection. RIP, Tony.

The two shows I talked about this week. Neither is the correct season to match up with the podcast. But shut up.


My Linda Lindas t-shirt! You need to love this band!

My Paramore shirt, plus McGuire. I paid too much for this...I don't know why...it was the only one I really liked.

The Linda Lindas album! YOU NEED TO LOVE THIS BAND.

No comments:

Post a Comment