Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Episode 160 - MURDER YOUR THIRST

In this episode I sell my soul to Liquid Death without them asking me to, and also talk about music by Anohni and the Johnsons, Guided by Voices, Taylor Swift, and Neil Young, and the book Hyperbole and a Half. I had a lot of fun with this one. Maybe also you can do that?

Email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Introduction/Derek talks about water for a long time.
  • 9:25 - You and You Alone
  • 9:55 - Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
  • 17:41 - Forever Home
  • 18:11 - Music Reviews
    • 18:48 - Anohni and the Johnsons - My Back was a Bridge for You to Cross
    • 23:05 - Guided by Voices - Welshpool Frillies
    • 26:09 - Taylor Swift - Speak Now (Taylor's Version)
    • 33:04 - Neil Young - Freedom, Ragged Glory, Weld, and Arc
  • 42:35 - Indelible
  • 43:05 - Outro
Photos:
The cover photo, for your collection, Megan...

These are the Liquid Deaths I have enjoyed! I am willing to tell people about that for money! It's good shit! Liquid Death: IT'S GOOD SHIT!

This is a very fun book that you'll find yourself lost in almost by accident. You can probably get through it in a night, if you're any kind of reader.

I reviewed my least favorite Taylor Swift album and alienated a bunch of Swifties in this episode. You KNOW you want to hear that!

Neil Young box set alert! From a really interesting period in his career.

New Anohni! What'd I think? Wouldn't YOU like to know!

And there's another Goddamn Guided by Voices album. They have too many fucking albums. Who can possibly keep up? Even the most ardent fan must be lost at this point. Like...what the fuck? Take a year off. Let us absorb an album before releasing the next one. What the fuck is WRONG with you??? Anyway...this one's pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment