Thursday, October 19, 2023

Episode 166 - Being Somewhat Optimistic About Frasier

In this rollicking good time of an episode I talk about the new series of Frasier and play guitar a little bit as I review the Strymon Cloudbirst pedal that I got quite some time ago but just never talked about. It's a fun hour of me geeking out about stuff I like and also complaining about an ear infection at the end of it. (Spoiler, I guess?) Check it out!

email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

Photos:
Here's the cover photo. I'm...I'm not the only one who has a folder full of these, right? Please?

A quick shot of the Neil Gaiman story that scared the shit out of me. Really should've seen the end coming, but somehow didn't. And it kept me up. Dang it.

OF COURSE I HAVE THE COMPLETE FRASIER ON BLURAY. What about having heard me talk for all these years would make you think I didn't?

Strymon makes really fucking great pedals. There are four Strymon pedals on my board (which has 18 pieces on it). There may come a day when I have ONLY Strymon pedals on my board. Who knows? All I know is the Cloudburst is the best reverb I've ever played, and it was an instant add to the board. So I wanted to feature it a little bit. I didn't even TALK about the Pre-Delay knob! Or Decay. Or that you can run it in stereo if you want to. Or plug it into your laptop or phone and download presets and fine tune it. Or plug in an expression pedal. Etc. Just a hell of a great box.



...and this is my full board. The Dr. Scientist Elements pedal I mentioned is above the big silver thing at the bottow, 4th from the right. (Blue pedal, white knobs.) I'm pretty happy with it. Four Strymon boxes. Also four Electro-Harmonix ones. I like brands that do stuff that's either real weird or real elegant. Those two are the front-runners. Then there's a hodge-podge of MXR, TC, Boss, etc... What can I say? I need at least 50 knobs I can turn on-hand at any given time. So this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment