Thursday, October 26, 2023

Episode 167 - The Loop and Bad Soup (I Am A Coward)

Okay, FYI, there's a strangely high amount of incidental contact with the microphone/stand in this one that even I find distracting, so sorry about that...but otherwise, this is a fun episode! I talk about music from Metric, Wilco, and Boygenius, and also about Paul Auster's new novel "Baumgartner." I had fun. I bet you will too, if you like things!

email: db@derekbrink.com 

Time Index:

Photos:
The cover photo. But you knew that, right? Clever, you.

New Metric album. Titled the same as the previous Metric album. But IMO that's where the similarity ends. Except for the cover art. And the band members. And writing style. And sound.

Wilco's "Cousin" is very different from last year's "Cruel Country," but that just means it's an extension of the same family. Same DNA, different vibe. Almost...like...a...cousin...oh, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Boygenius. Girl band. Good album. But you might not glean any of that from my weird review.

I genuinely loved my time with this book (which I've now finished). Paul Auster constructs such wonderful sentences, and his plots are right from his heart. Beautiful work. But it always is.

This one might by my new favorite Auster book, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment