Saturday, December 9, 2023

Episode 170 - Cold Me Up

In this episode, I talk about Norman Lear, Shane MacGowan, Dolly Parton, The Struts, The National, Guided By Voices, Tenacious D, KISS, and a whole bunch of stuff! Thanks for waiting on it!

email: db@derekbrink.com


Time Index:

Photos:
The cover photo. Neat, huh?

An excellent seasonal-release beer from Breckenridge Brewery. I hadn't had it before, but now my fridge is LOADED with it!

Some Pogues stuff. Rest in peace, Shane MacGowan. I recorded this episode before watching the live-stream of Shane's funeral. I sort of wish I'd waited, because I feel like there's so much more I could've said! But I hope I said enough, anyway.

Queen Dolly has released her very first (according to her) Rock and Roll album. And hey...HEY! It's great.

New Struts album. A little different for them, but still absolutely them, and I had a good time.

New National album. It's basically the stuff that didn't make it onto the other album they put out this year. And they colorized the cover. Whatever.

There's another goddamn new Guided By Voices album out. So I had to at least acknowledge it. I'm relatively sure Bob Pollard isn't aware that there are other bands that he isn't in.

And here's my Tenacious D collection. Had some fun with them recently, too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment