Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Episode 175 - My Fist is Going Somewhere

In this episode, I talk about Picard Season 2 and Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. I also touch on the recent happenings in WWE...maybe a slight trigger warning, there. (I do NOT go into detail, but I do address the allegations against Vince McMahon.) I know that part makes it sound like it might not be a super fun episode...but it mostly is! Dig it!

email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 15:12 - Forever Home
  • 15:42 - Recent happenings in WWE
  • 24:30 - Coffee in My Cup
  • 25:00 - Recent (Non-Wrestling) Viewing
    • 25:40 - Star Trek Picard (Season 2)
    • 36:15 - Weird: The Al Yankovic Story
  • 43:15 - One Man (Uncle Dick)
  • 43:47 - Outro
Photos:
Here's the cover. It sure is a cover. Look at it. Right click it. Save-as it. Now you're the type of person who does that. It's so, so easy to become what we never thought we would be, isn't it? Isn't it, Kevin? I know you did it, Kevin. Don't lie to me. Don't you fucking lie. (I'm very tired.)

This is my new bed! I'm happy with it, so far. But I'm not hard to please, bed-wise. The quilt was made by my sister-in-law, Valerie, and is really beautiful. She made it to celebrate my love of my cats. It's actually one of my favorite gifts I've ever been given. It's very cute when one (or both) of the cats naps on it. They often lay down right on one of the cat silhouettes, like they think, "Oh...cat goes here."

Anyway, the bed is a Serta...and I know my pillow placement sucks. It's my first big-boy bed. I'm trying.

Picard Season 2! I really loved it. I also really loved the first one. But this one's better! Really! It finally gives Seven a CHARACTER and the supporting cast in general feels as important as the lead, just like they're supposed to. Really fun, moving, and just GOOD. (Coulda used more Q...but y'know...otherwise...)

Weird Al is known for his parodies. In this movie, he provides a parody of his own life. It's exactly as...well...weird as you want it to be. Check it out, if you haven't.

And my boots. Guess which pair is the old pair... There's probably a religious or motivational object lesson there...but nah.


No comments:

Post a Comment