Sunday, May 12, 2024

Episode 180 - A Tribute to Steve Albini

In this episode, I called an audible and decided to pay tribute to the man I believe was the George Martin of indie rock, Steve Albini. I end up talking about 12 releases by such acts as Big Black, Nirvana, Cheap Trick, Pixies, Plush, Godspeed You Black Emperor, and more...and I don't even touch on 1% of the 2000+ albums on which he worked.

Join me for this special episode, as I try to give just a small GLIMPSE into the career of one of the true greats.

email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

Photos:
Not a lot of photos this week, but here's the tip of the iceberg for some of Albini's career. Prolific isn't even the word.

Okay, I admit that I mostly just wanted to prove that I have this... From what I can tell, this mix is presently only available as a vinyl German import and your local record store **might** occasionally get a copy, freak out about it on their social media, and sell it later that day. And I got one. The Albini mix of one of the most important records in all of grunge.


No comments:

Post a Comment