Monday, September 9, 2024

Episode 187 - Tinge??

In this episode I talk about music from Jason Isbell, John Craigie, and Nick Cave. Then I also talk about Boy/Pod Meets World, Little Shop of Horrors, and the present season of Only Murders in the Building. Plus some of my usual nonsense. It's a fun one! Enjoy!

Bandcamp: http://derekbrink.bandcamp.com
Email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 12:55 - All My Days
  • 13:25 - Recent Music Things
    • 13:25 - Jason Isbell in St. Louis
    • 21:16 - John Craigie - Pagan Church
    • 24:59 - Nick Cave - Wild God
  • 30:57 - Forever Home
  • 31:27 - Recent Watching
    • 31:27 - Boy Meets World/Pod Meets World
    • 41:26 - Little Shop of Horrors
    • 48:25 - Only Murders in the Building Season 4 (SPOILERS!)
  • 56:39 - You Only Hurt the Ones You Love
  • 57:09 - Outro
Photos:
Here's the cover photo. That's how you can tell it's an episode.

My poster from the Isbell show! Does anyone who's been in my house have any idea where the hell I should hang it?

New album by John Craigie--or "Stereo" as far as you could tell from the cover... I understand the artistic design of sometimes not putting a name on the front...but I don't understand the function. Especially when this is all the photo is... But hey, I like the album a LOT more than I like the cover!

What could be weirder than having Nick Cave write something life affirming? No, seriously. I'm asking. Because I've heard it and I need to know there's something weirder out there than that! What a beautiful, moving album!

Okay...so I'm only 38 years late in talking about Little Shop...but hey...

I thought I was going to talk about Boy Meets World, but I ended up largely ranting about POD Meets World. I maybe should've dialed that back. But it's out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment