Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Episode 186 - Check-Mistresses?

In this episode, I talk about music from Mr. Big and Talking Heads. I also talk about So I Married and Axe Murderer, The Drew Carey Show, and Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me. I also learn that there's about to be a new Godspeed You Black Emperor album in real time and get excited about it. It's kinda all over the place. Enjoy!

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 9:37 - Losing Sleep
  • 10:07 - Mr. Big - Ten
  • 14:57 - Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
  • 21:13 - I Wanna Write Songs For You
  • 21:43 - The Drew Carey Show
  • 28:34 - So I Married and Axe Murderer
  • 33.50 - Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me
  • 38:40 - Jean Jacket
  • 39:10 - Outro
Photos:

Here's the cover photo. Somewhere, someone has a folder on their desktop full of 186 of these. And yet I still sleep at night. Go figure.


Newest album from Mr. Big. The cover photos have always been a HUGE part of the band's image. This on is...two hands... Well, there ya' go...

Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" is one of the all-time top five concert movies. I had to make two separate purchases to experience it correctly. How did I feel about that? Listen to the fucking show!

A 1990s classic. Or at least a classic to me. I genuinely love this movie. And I talk about it. In the show. Who'da thunk it?

I already liked Big Star...but this movie started my OBSESSION with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment