Monday, August 24, 2026

Episode 236 - Article Implied

In this slightly delayed episode, I start by yelling at you about being frustrated with cover bands for a little bit...then I review new music by Punch Brothers, The Mountain Goats, New Pornographers, Joe Jackson, and Metric. This episode goes a lot of places. Maybe you'll like some of those places. No way to tell until you click it.

Blog: http://emptychecking.blogspot.com 
Bandcamp: http://derekbrink.bandcamp.com 
email: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro (and rant about cover bands that WILL generate some emails)
  • 14:21 - Slainte
  • 14:52 - Music Reviews
    • 15:29 - Punch Brothers - The Unsung Adventures of Punch Brothers
    • 20:17 - Mountain Goats - Days
    • 24:12 - New Pornographers - The Former Site of the New Pornographers
    • 30:46 - Joe Jackson - Hope and Fury
    • 34:40 - Metric - Romanticize the Dive
  • 40:35 - Vagabond
  • 41:06 - Outro
Photos:
Here's your your cover photo...after this, for some reason they uploaded backwards from how I intended them. So...whatever!
Newest Metric album... A thing I didn't mention in the show is that I kinda like how Metric KNOWS that Emily is the main attraction, and she ends up centered in their art. And everybody else in the band seems fine with that. She's amazing.

Joe Jackson presented an album that was not immediately accessible for me... Was he supposed to do anything else???

The New Pornographers released a slightly laid back album this year, for which I have a very UN-laid back personal anecdote. Have fun with that!

New Mountain Goats! Better than the previous Mountain Goats! More in the show!

(The?) Punch Brothers have released their first fully instrumental album. What did I think? Well what do you THINK I thought???



No comments:

Post a Comment