Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Episode 15 - The Podcast is Also on iTunes Now, FYI

As the title states, we are now also on iTunes!  Check it out, if that's your thing! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/empty-checking-with-derek-brink/id1315519361?mt=2

On this episode I talk about new music from Craig Finn and Iron Maiden, then go into detail on five songs with which I've recently reconnected. I also talk about pro-wrestling, the Big Bang Theory, and Dirk Gently.  Then I end the show on a personal note with a tribute to a friend who passed away a few years ago.  It's a long one, but I'd like to think it's a good one!  Thanks for listening!

Here's the player:



Time Indexes:
  • 0:00 - Intro stuff and details on my recent trip to the eye doctor.
  • 9:40 - Music break #1 - Bass solo.
  • 11:07 - Music reviews. 
    • Iron Maiden at 11:24. 
    • Craig Finn at 15:13. 
    • iTunes Roundup at 21:17
  • 39:34 - Music break #2 - Guitar solo from "Just Another Day."
  • 41:41 - Pro Wrestling talk...
  • 57:21 - Music break #3 - Guitar segment of "Diner"
  • 59:10 - TV talk. The Big Bang Theory and Dirk Gently
  • 1:08:35 - Music Break #4 - Guitar segment of "The Last Folk Singers"
  • 1:09:57 - Closing tribute to my friend Becca.
  • 1:16:35 - Becca's Song

And here are some photos...

Here's how dilated my eyes got at the eye-doctor's.
The Iron Maiden album, with the bonus stuff.
The Craig Finn album, which it turns out doesn't photograph so well...
And I mentioned meeting Brian Posehn at a Deadpool signing a couple years back.  Here's the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment