Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Episode 16 - First I Call Your Kids Stupid Then I Call Your Music Fat

After an unplanned week off we have a lot to catch up on! This week's show sees me talking about what happened in my laptop crash last week, a fun week I've been having on social media, the present debacle over at Cracked, an RIP to Jim Nabors, and a whole bunch of music. (Music discussed includes Angel Olsen, Sharon Jones, Wesley Stace, U2, Neil Young, HAIM, Ani DiFranco, and Cheap Trick.) All that and more! Time indexes and photos follow, but first here's the player:



Time Indexes:
  • 0:00 - Intro and Theme Music.
  • 1:22 - What happened last week and my new laptop.
  • 8:29 - Guitar Break #1 - "Out from the Light" from my album of the same name.
  • 9:06 - Potpourri of stuff. 
    • 9:24 - My glasses. 
    • 11:47 - RIP Jim Nabors. 
    • 17:24 - A weird, one-sided conversation with you. 
  • 18:00 - My week in Social Media.
  • 24:55 - Guitar break #2 - "Outdoor Summer Concerts" from my single of the same name.
  • 25:38 - My thoughts on the recent firings at Cracked and Internet culture in general.
  • 42:00 - Guitar Break #3 - "Beautiful Disaster" from my album "Ink-Stained Fingers."
  • 42:48 - Big, fat music round-up.
    • 43:25 - Sharon Jones and the DAP Kings. 
    • 47:38 - Wesley Stace (aka John Wesley Harding.) 
    • 52:25 - Angel Olsen. 
    • 54:38 - U2. 
    • 1:02:26 - Neil Young and Promise of the Real.
    • 1:04:46 - HAIM.
    • 1:06:55 - Cheap Trick.
    • 1:10:04 - Ani DiFranco.
  • 1:14:03 - Guitar Break #4 - "Tear It Down" which I used to play in a couple bands with my brother, but I don't think there's an "official" copy of anything in circulation that has the song on it right now.
  • 1:14:59 - Closing remarks.
And here are some photos of the stuff I talked about.
Proof that I have a laptop and a lap.
Said I'd post this. I like it a lot. Thinking of making it an official logo for the show.
The Simpsons replied to me! 9 year old me can't believe it!
YEARDLEY SMITH ACKNOWLEDGED ME!
SO DID ADAM SCOTT!

AND DANA GOULD! THIS WAS A POLITICAL JOKE, FOR CONTEXT!
And here's the crapload of music I discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment