Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Episode 17 - For Frodo and Others

On this week's episode, I wish you happy holidays--with Hanukkah and Christmas getting most of the attention--and talk about some of the things I love about the holidays. Then we talk about wrestling for a long time. Then I talk about new music from Willie Nelson and Mastodon--those are two separate albums, but now that I see it, I'd really like to hear that. I also talk about my favorite two Christmas albums by Aimee Mann and Dave Brubeck, respectively. And in a "long time coming" move, I talk about my love of the Lord of the Rings franchise and my memories revolving around those movies and the holiday season over the past several years.

Here's the player:



Remember: If you like any of the music I'm playing in the show, full versions of the songs are available for FREE at derekbrink.bandcamp.com

Here are the time-stamps. FYI, they may be a little bit approximate. For some reason I show different times in different players and I haven't been able to work out why.
  • 0:00 - Intro and Hanukkah/Christmas Greetings
  • 8:26 - Guitar Break #1 - "Everything Good" off the Trigger Warnings & Sunshine album.
  • 9:00 - This Week in Wrestling
  • 30:24 - Guitar Break #2 - "In My Heart" off the "Out from the Light" album.
  • 30:58 - Music including Willie Nelson, Mastodon, and Christmas albums by Aimee Mann and Dave Brubeck.
  • 42:22 - Guitar Break #3 - "Fall Apart" off the "Grounds" album.
  • 42:51 - My memories of seeing Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit in years passed.
  • 54:34 - Guitar Break #4 - "Remember Me" off the "Out from the Light" album
  • 55:01 - Closing remarks and outro music.
And here are some photos:

This is also the cover photo in the player. I just like it.
Here are the four different packagings of the LOTR flicks that I mentioned. For what it's worth, I only have one copy of each of the Hobbit flicks.
Here's the music discussed.
And because I mentioned him, here's my buddy, Stuffed Willie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment