Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Episode 21: The David Bowie Episode

On this week's episode, all I do is talk about David Bowie and what he means to me for an hour, in recognition of the second anniversary of his death.  That's pretty much it, but so far, this is one of my favorite episodes.  Lots to look at in the below, too!  But to start, here's the player:



No time indexes this week, since it's just the one subject.  But here are a bunch of photos/screen-caps with captions.

**Some** of my Bowie collection.
A cool poster that I bought and framed. It hangs in my living room. I tried to track down the artist's name and failed, but I'm going to keep looking and I'll update once I've found it.
The ticket for the one and only Bowie show I ever attended.
How I found out about the "Next Day" album. It was a low-time in my life, and just the thought of there being a new Bowie record lifted my spirits a lot.
See?
It turned out that I made it to that March!
"Blackstar" on the day I bought it.
Proof that I liked it BEFORE he died, just in case anyone thinks I'm a vulture...


And here's the playlist of my favorites I referenced in the show.  Bear in mind that in my phone, this is all one really long playlist!

"David Bowie" through "Black Tie White Noise"

  1. Rebel Rebel
  2. Moonage Daydream
  3. Be My Wife
  4. Boys Keep Swinging
  5. All the Young Dudes
  6. Starman
  7. Rock n' Roll with Me
  8. Young Americans
  9. Suffragette City
  10. Sound and Vision
  11. Let's Dance (Bowie at the Beeb)
  12. Jump They Say (Rock Mix)
  13. Time Will Crawl
  14. TVC 15
  15. You've Been Around
  16. Andy Warhol
  17. Five Years
  18. Loving the Alien (A Reality Tour)
  19. Space Oddity
  20. Ashes to Ashes (Bowie at the Beeb)
  21. Cracked Actor (Bowie at the Beeb)
  22. Life on Mars?
  23. Quicksand
  24. Wildeyed Boy from Freecloud (Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  25. All the Young Dudes (Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  26. Oh! You Pretty Things
  27. Silly Boy Blue
  28. Amsterdam
  29. Pallas Athena
  30. The Supermen (Live Santa Monica '72)
  31. Hang on to Yourself
  32. Let's Spend the Night Together
  33. Diamond Dogs
  34. Under the God (Tin Machine)
  35. Nite Flights
  36. Changes
  37. Sorrow
  38. Station to Station (Stage)
  39. Under Pressure (Queen: Hot Space album)
  40. I Feel Free
  41. The Man Who Sold the World (Bowie at the Beeb)
  42. Wild is the Wind (Bowie at the Beeb)
  43. This is Not America
  44. Absolute Beginners (Bowie at the Beeb)
  45. Watch that Man
  46. Ziggy Stardust
  47. Heroes
  48. My Death (Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture Soundtrack)
"Outside" through "Blackstar" (and "No Plan")
  1. Blackstar
  2. Strangers When We Meet
  3. Thursday's Child
  4. Little Wonder
  5. I'd Rather Be High
  6. Cactus
  7. The Stars Are Out Tonight
  8. Killing a Little Time
  9. Let Me Sleep Beside You
  10. Afraid
  11. New Killer Star
  12. Love is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix)
  13. Lazarus
  14. Outside
  15. The Motel (A Reality Tour)
  16. Shadow Man
  17. No Plan
  18. Slip Away
  19. Girl Loves Me
  20. The Dreamers
  21. Hallo Spaceboy
  22. When I Met You
  23. Sue
  24. Heathen (The Rays)
  25. Thru These Architects Eyes
  26. The Next Day
  27. Pablo Picasso
  28. Battle for Britain
  29. The Heart's Filthy Lesson
  30. Tis a Pity She was a Whore
  31. Slow Burn
  32. Where Are We Now?
  33. I Can't Give Everything Away
  34. Your Turn to Drive
  35. I'm Afraid of Americans
  36. Days
  37. Seven
  38. The Loneliest Guy
  39. You Will Set the World on Fire
  40. Survive
  41. 5:15 The Angels Have Gone
  42. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die
  43. Dollar Days
  44. Sunday
  45. Never Get Old
  46. Everyone Says Hi
  47. Valentine's Day
  48. Dancing Out in Space
  49. The Pretty Things are Going to Hell
  50. Reality
  51. Rebel Rebel (2003 new studio version with 2003 tour band)
Whew!

See you out in space, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment