Thursday, January 25, 2018

Episode 22 - Mashed Potatoes and Heavy Narcotics

This week's kind of a random show--I felt like I had to cram two weeks into one! I give a general update on my health, post dental surgery, talk about my CD collection, bemoan the closing of a music store I haven't been to in 15 years, celebrate the 20th anniversary of Spice World, talk about local food I enjoy, and a whole bunch of other stuff at the top of the show. I also talk about a new CD release from St. Louis band Grace Basement (spoiler alert: BUY IT). Then I bid farewell to Dolores O'Riordan and also to Neil Diamond (who's still alive, but not at all well). Then I talk about Fuller House, Red Dwarf, and pro-wrestling. Weird episode--which is fun for me! Here's the player:



Here's the outline for you subject-skippers:
  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 1:40 - General health and personal update.
  • 4:06 - Bidding farewell to Dale's Music
  • 7:26 - Stuff I've eaten around town.
  • 10:15 - Talkin' 'bout my CD collection...
  • 12:31 - THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF SPICE WORLD!!!
  • 16:12 - Music Break #1 - Part of "Napalm" off of my album "Something to Look Forward To..."
  • 16:42 - Music Stuff, including a review of Grace Basement's "Mississippi Nights," a RIP to Dolores O'Riordan, and my well-wishes to Neil Diamond.
  • 33:49 - Music Break #2 - "Scars" from the "Things I Meant to Say" album.
  • 34:17 - TV Stuff including reviews of Fuller House, Red Dwarf Series XII, and WWE Wrestling (including my thoughts on the 25th anniversary of Monday Night Raw). The wrestling stuff starts at 45:37.
  • 1:02:39 - Music Break #3 - "Give It Up" off of "Ink-Stained Fingers"
  • 1:03:10 - Outro Stuff...
And here are a couple of photos.  Sorry there aren't too many this week.  I got lazy...

This is the unedited "cover" photo.  I called it "Spice Basement" when I saved it.
My massive CD collection, referenced in the show. Fun Fact: When I took this shot, my zipper was open, but you can't tell because I'm facing the direction where it overlaps.
Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment