Thursday, February 1, 2018

Episode 23 - Wireless and Rechargeable

Shorter episode this week. I talk a little bit about my grandma to open things up. Next, I talk a bunch about the WWE and the arrival of Rowdy Ronda Rousey. Afterward, I discuss music including the new album from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ("Wrong Creatures") alongside mentioning that my current listening is Annie Lennox and Rush, then I get excited about the Tragically Hip putting out a BluRay and Rufus Wainwright touring. I also talk about stuff I've got on order, but that hasn't arrived yet, including the oft-delayed Star Trek Mission Crate, a couple of cool t-shirts, and something of an accidentally more intimate nature. It's a shorter episode, but a fun one. Here's the player:



Time index:
  • 0:00 - Intro and music
  • 2:54 - Talkin' 'bout Grandma
  • 8:52 - Music Break #1 - "Remember Me" from my "Sorry I Didn't Mean to Shout" release.
  • 9:27 - WWE Wrestling Recap, including me being VERY excited about Ronda Rousey!
  • 19:53 - Music Break #2 - The outro of "Good Things" off of my "Out from the Light" record.
  • 20:22 - Music-talk, including the new album by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, my current listening--Annie Lennox and Rush, me being excited about the Tragically Hip's last gig being on Blu Ray, and a little bit of me being excited that Rufus Wainwright is coming to town.
  • 29:25 - Music Break #3 - Part of "The Best" from my "Ink-Stained Fingers" album.
  • 29:53 - Other stuff I ordered, including me bitching about Loot Crate delaying the Star Trek Mission Crate, some talk of t-shirts...and something a little more intimate...
  • 44:19 - Music Break #4 - Chorus of "Not Okay" from the "Trigger Warnings and Sunshine" album.
  • 44:55 - Outro, including some talk of darts and the retirement of the great Phil Taylor.
Here are some photos!

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club CDs. And also one from The Call on which Robert Levon Been takes over vocal duties in tribute to his dad.
The Star Trek pin I mentioned.
The Star Trek socks I mentioned.
The Star Trek comic book I mentioned.
This is on the back of the comic book.  The Mission Crate.  Which has yet to ship.  They're advertising the thing they failed to send.  But I guess it's at least good to know they have the boxes in. 


This is my Grandma on her 92nd birthday.  Celebrating our.........Irish..........heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment