Friday, July 20, 2018

Episode 43 - Write Your Own Funny Title (This is Hard)

This week's episode took too long to upload, but it's better late than never! This time you can listen to me talk about new releases from The Hold Steady, The Jayhawks, Snow Patrol, and Guided By Voices. I also talk about a 70s album by Nick Drake.  Then I discuss this week's happenings in the WWE. After that, I talk about the recent scandal, suspension, and reinstatement of Hulk Hogan from the WWE Hall of Fame, which includes a long segment where I talk about racism and gets kinda real. Lots of ground was covered this week! Here's the player:


Here's the time break-down:
  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 4:42 - Music Break #1 - "Born in this Town" from the "Out from the Light" album.
  • 5:12 - New and Old Music Releases featuring The Hold Steady, The Jayhawks, Snow Patrol, Guided By Voices, Nick Drake
  • 31:40 - Music Break #2 - "Live Your Life" from the "Sorry, I Didn't Mean to Shout" release.
  • 32:11 - WWE Week in Review, with particular focus on the Extreme Rules PPV
  • 53:59 - Music Break #3 - "Simple Things" from the "Things I Meant to Say" album.
  • 54:30 - Hulk Hogan and Racism (Not kidding.)
  • 1:22:19 - Music Break #4 - "AMB 4" from the "Grounds" album.
  • 1:22:50 - Outro

And here are some photos:
Here's the cover photo. Eagle eyes will see a Hold Steady album in the back that I didn't talk about, since the new stuff is download only.

This is the "cover" of The Hold Steady's new single. Download it (and more!) now at holdsteady.bandcamp.com!

The Jayhawks' new album "Back Roads and Abandoned Motels"

Snow Patrol's "Wildness"

Guided By Voices' "Ogre's Trumpet"

Nick Drake's final album, "Pink Moon"
And those are all the photos I could use...I don't have any pictures of Hulk Hogan being a racist.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment