Thursday, November 1, 2018

Episode 54 - An Interview with Jim Ousley

It turns out that when I said in last week's episode that I planned to take this week off, I lied! Because instead I sat down and recorded an interview with my friend Jim Ousley, author of The Dead Palace, a fantastic new horror comic that you can get at this link. Jim and I talk about the book but also everything else that crosses our minds including but not limited to the Planet of the Apes, KISS, Ghost, a bunch of the other projects that Jim (and I!) have worked on over the years, and some personal stuff too.  I like this episode a lot. It's always good to talk to Jim.  Do it up!


I don't have a time-index this week because the conversation isn't very linear, but I do have some photos!

The cover photo. Any time these glasses reflect anything I look cross-eyed, but whatever.

The Dead Palace. Pick up your copy at http://thedeadpalace.bigcartel.com as soon as you can!

My name is listed in the cover of the book! Such an honor to be there, right along side the likes of Guests 741188781 and 1752848989!

Another of Jim's books. I'm listed in that one too. This one's a lot of fun and there's not any horror if that's not your cup of tea.

One of Jim's bands referenced in the show, My 2 Planets. Love these albums.

Jim also worked with me on my "Out from the Light" album and I really like how it turned out, to this day. This one's available at http://derekbrink.bandcamp.com along with all of my other stuff for FREE, or "pay what you want" if you're feeling generous.

I don't think we mentioned this specifically in the show, but Jim got me Blaze Bayley's autograph! Need a frame for this one!

We talked extensively about the Planet of the Apes movies...so here's that.

We also talked about KISS a lot, so here's my favorite KISS live album.

And we also talked about Ghost a lot...so...yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment