Sunday, December 22, 2019

12/21/19 - My Top Ten Favorite Albums of 2019

With only a few shopping days left before Christmas, I'm giving you 17 ideas of albums you could buy for the randos in your life by presenting my top 10 favorite albums of 2019 (plus some runners up). I think it's a pretty good list. Give it a listen and see if you agree, then leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite album or albums were this year!

Here's the Player:


No time index this week since it's all just one subject, but the song I used transitioning out of the intro into the list is my song "Napalm" and it's available here for free. Now here's a bunch of pictures, so you can see what the album covers look like and whatnot! (You can click on everything to make it bigger.)

Here's the cover photo. I like to imagine someone has all of the cover photos saved and rotating as their desktop background. (It's me.)

Favorite album of the year. I hope nobody's offended by the cover, but at this point if you haven't seen Amanda Palmer naked at least once then you've never been on the Internet.

Great album by my favorite band. A lot of pleasant surprises on this one.

Sad and sweet. A wonderful sendoff.

The Master's final goodbye to his fans. And I love it.

One of three GBV albums on the list. Possibly my favorite of the three.

Another GBV album. They went nuts this year. And it's the best kind of crazy.

Good God, it's getting overwhelming.

I was happy about how much I liked this release. It's nice to have the Get Ups back!

I'm new to Joe Jackson. This was a good introduction and made me want to dive way deeper.

One of the really bright spots from the Yep Roc catalog this year.

THS never disappoints!

A curveball of a record from a curveball of a band. Really dug it. Nice to have a GOOD thrash album come out for once!

First Son Volt album I've liked in a decade. It's a good one.

Great album that didn't *quite* crack my top ten, just because Amanda Palmer's record made me view this one as lesser. But it's still great and you should still hear it.

Great album with a bad mix.

Fun album that accidentally serves as a farewell to Kim Shattuck. Liked it a lot.

It's just nice to have Mary Prankster back and doing stuff, man.


Thanks! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment