Friday, June 5, 2020

Take Off Your Shoes and Get Funky - 6/4/20

This week's episode was a difficult one to record amidst the tension presently ongoing in the country (and my immediate area) but I think it's a good one and I said a couple important things among the nonsense. I spend a little time up front talking about the murder of George Floyd--there was no way not to do so. The tone shifts after about 10 minutes into being a regular show after that where I talk about my newest guitar, Rush, Prince, The Who, Doctor Who, and Little Fires Everywhere, as well as paying tribute to Lynn Shelton and Marc Maron. It's a weird tone this week, but I hope you enjoy it!

I mentioned in the episode that I'd post the link to the Rush museum project thing that I mentioned. The place to order stuff is through rebuildlestudio.com, but sometimes that pops up an unsafe site error for some people because it's trying to redirect you to their webstore, which is here: https://www.freewebstore.org/souvenirs-of-le-studio. Site's totally legit. Don't let it worry you if you get that message. The guy's forte is building this museum, not a flawless website.

Here's the player, which is doing that thing where it posts the wrong photo again for some reason. Sorry. Hopefully it corrects itself since I don't seem to be able to control that.



Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Introduction and some words about George Floyd and being an old white guy.
  • 10:54 - My 40th Birthday and New Guitar
  • 18:30 - Tribute to Lynn Shelton and Marc Maron
  • 25:45 - Musical Break
  • 26:20 - Talking about music by Rush, Prince, and The Who
  • 42:11 - Musical Break
  • 42:40 - Talking about Tom Baker era Doctor Who and Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.
  • 52:50 - Musical Break
  • 53:24 - Outro Stuff
Photos:
The (correct) cover, of course.

The guitar photos will look familiar to anyone who follows me on social media. But isn't it pretty?

Check out that gorgeous gold hardware.

Cool black on black leather paisley strap, too! 
Zeroing in on the strings.



And that wonderful headstock. (These things take forever to tune, by the way.)

Rush Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary release...oh yeah, and a piece of the glass from the room where they recorded it!

Prince box set--even sexy as a cartoon.

Here's all the stuff in the box. I'm a real sucker for a box set!

I also mentioned The Who. Didn't mention this album specifically but recently listened to it.

A little Tom Baker for ya'!

First book I've read in my 40s. And I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment