Sunday, July 26, 2020

I Don't Always Know When a List is Going to Happen (7/25/20)

In this episode I catch up on a few things I've been meaning to talk about for a while including Books by Charlene Ng and Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Prime series Good Omens, the movie Rocketman, and music from Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Rufus Wainwright. All that and more!

Also note that I'll be posting a BONUS EPISODE later this week where I listen to and talk about my album "Departure" just for fun. It'll come a little sooner than a normal episode might, so be on the lookout for that.

Here's the player:


Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro Stuff
  • 12:16 - Music Break - "The Best"
  • 16:44 - Books - "Everything I Never Told You" by Celeste Ng, and "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
  • 35:02 - Music Break - "Slip Away"
  • 35:32 - Movies/TV - Good Omens and Rocketman.
  • 55:19 - Music Break - "Greetings From Far Away"
  • 55:49 - Music Reviews - "Rough and Rowdy Ways" by Bob Dylan, "Homecoming" by Neil Young, and "Unfollow the Rules" by Rufus Wainwright
  • 1:14:46 - Music Break - "Always"
  • 1:15:16 - Outro Stuff
And here are some photos!
Cover photo--I'm a little weirdly washed out in it, but whatever.

My Lamp! (Part One)

My Lamp! (Part Two) I really like the base.

My Lamp! (Part 3) - In action...

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng - Her stuff is a pleasure to read.

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett - I also watched and talked about the Prime show of the same name, but since that's not a physical product, there's no photo of it. Streaming media sucks that way.

Promised I'd post a picture of my "Shelf of Honor" in the front room. If anybody wants me to name the books on it, I'll be glad to!

I'm not sure if I gave this movie a positive or negative review, after listening back to it...

New Bob Dylan! You'd think this would've gotten me to revive my Dylan blog, but nope!

"New" Neil Young from the 70s! Nice to have it!

New Rufus Wainwright. - The record so nice I bought it thrice. Fun fact, the title on the album covers is a sticker. It was stuck to the outer wrapper of the products, but I wanted to keep it on the albums, so I peeled off the stickers and stuck 'em on there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment