Saturday, November 14, 2020

Mispronunciations With Derek - 11/14/20

This episode is all over the place and I had fun doing it. I talk about a bunch of stuff. The election (only briefly), my car, my back, and dining out to start...and then when it gets going (!) I talk about Deadliest Catch, some Connery-era Bond movies, and music from The Mountain Goats, Jason Isbell/Mike Cooley/Patterson Hood, Matthew Perryman Jones, The Wicker Man Soundtrack, Son Volt, Beth Bombara, J Mascis, Vigilantes of Love, and The Tragically Hip! (Whew!) (Also I accidentally called the guy from 30 Rock Jonah instead of Judah--I caught it listening back to it. I just didn't fix it.) It's a slightly different format because I just kinda babbled this week, but I hope you dig it! Here's the player!



Time Index:
  • 0:00 - Intro Stuff - The election, my car, my back, eating at a restaurant, and more.
  • 13:54 - RIP Alex Trebek
  • 19:42 - Deadliest Catch
  • 24:43 - Sean Connery-era James Bond movies
  • The Mountain Goats - Getting Into Knives
  • 35:38 - Mike Cooley, Patterson Hood, and Jason Isbell - Live at the Shoals Theatre 2014
  • 38:45 - Matthew Perryman Jones - Land of the Living
  • 45:00 - A Weird Pile of Music!
    • 46:11 - Son Volt - Trace
    • 47:10 - Vigilantes of Love - Audible Sigh
    • 48:23 - The Tragically Hip - Man Machine Poem
    • 49:56 - The Wicker Man - Soundtrack
    • 51:10 - J Mascis - Elastic Days
    • 52:15 - Beth Bombara - Ever Green
  • 55:51 - Butcher Queen and outro
Photos:
The cover photo, featuring my cool Butcher Queen t-shirt!
I talked about Deadliest Catch. I'm terribly behind on collecting the DVDs though...so here's Season 6. (We're on Season 16.)

Couple of Bond BluRays.
The Mountain Goats - Getting Into Knives - I like it a lot more than I think it sounds like I did!

The Cooley/Hood/Isbell release I talked about. This is the cover that came with the download. There's not a physical product.
Matthew Perryman Jones - Land of the Living

The weird pile of music I listened to one day. Fun!
Check out Butcher Queen ASAP. Great comic book written by great guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment