Tuesday, December 29, 2020

I Just Realized I Took This Week Off...Sorry!

 Hi Checkmates!

As you may have noticed, I didn't get a new episode together this week. Between Christmas and also working hard to clean up my house enough to have my internet upgraded tomorrow, time just plain got away from me. I'll have you covered going into the new year, though! (At least assuming the guy coming over to upgrade my internet doesn't do something that ends up destroying it instead...and also assuming he doesn't give me COVID. I really wish there was a way to do this without letting a guy inside the house.)

And maybe that's interesting to you... In the past several years I've noticed that AT&T had never updated my router or contacted me about upgrading my internet speed, etc... I didn't dwell on it. But I noticed. A couple months ago, my old router (from the 00s!) failed so hard that it literally almost caught fire, and they billed me $100 to send me a new one (rip off, naturally). Then I got a letter a couple weeks ago saying there's a MANDATORY upgrade going on in this area. Basically, for the first time, fiber is available in my area and they're moving everybody over to it. We've been on copper since before I was born, from what I understand...

So this has to happen...but because I've been holed-up surviving the pandemic for 9 months or so, the house was a bit of a mess so I had to clean my ass off...and it's still a mess...but whatever. The guy will be here between 9-11 tomorrow and hopefully it'll be an easy thing and my internet will work better than ever. I just wish my router had held out a couple months longer so it would've been free...them's the breaks.

So that's the short version of why I'm not babbling about nonsense this week. I'll be back probably over the weekend. Sorry I flaked on this one. Hope you're all happy and healthy.

As I've taken to saying at the end of the shows:

Please remember to wear a mask and social distance.
Please remember that BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Be good to each other and be good to yourself.
Forgive each other and forgive yourself.
...and while you're doing all that...
Check us out next time. :)

Talk to you soon.

-db

No comments:

Post a Comment