Sunday, January 24, 2021

Something's Wrong With Daddy - 1/22/21

In this one I talk about good starting points for some classic artists, all of whom share sad anniversaries in the month of January, as we just recently passed the anniversaries of the deaths of John Lennon, David Bowie, and Neil Peart, respectively. I also talk about my feelings of the recent happenings in the country a little bit and some personal stuff. And so on. But most of it is just me telling you where to start if you've always meant to get around to listening to one of those acts, but you just don't know what to listen to.

And that's it! Here's the player:

Here's the time-index:

And here's a handful of photos!
Episode cover. Neat little pile.

Most recent in a long line of John Lennon compilations. And it's a good one!

I have several Rush photos here because I talked about several things... These are the "Anthologies." You can tell from the cracks that my "Vol 2" copy was through the ringer...or at least kept in my car pretty regularly, anyway!

Most people will point to "Moving Pictures" (left) as their go-to Rush album. I'm more of a "Counterparts" guy (right). And again...you can see what it used to be like to have to keep your favorite albums in your car all the time. :)

This is the Rush documentary: "Beyond the Lighted Stage." If you pay attention to me on nothing else in this episode, please track down and watch this. It's really, really great.

And of course Bowie. Always Bowie.


No comments:

Post a Comment