Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sorry Sorry Sorry!

Hi there, Checkmates. My sincere apologies for not putting out an episode this week. I only just realized I didn't.

In all honestly, it has been a rough week. The--there's no other word--TREASON we saw in Washington DC on 1/6 took a mental toll on me, as did subsequent conversations about it and with all of that and some other personal issues, it has taken me until Tuesday to realize I didn't record anything this weekend. I suspect I'll say more in the intro to the next episode...but suffice to say that I've posted my thoughts on social media and the responses have been a wide gamut. I've gotten some DMs that were downright THREATS from people whose pages have since disappeared. (I'm not worried. I'm more worried about getting my mail on time than I am anything anyone said in those messages.) It's been a taxing week on that front, for sure. I'm sure some of you have had similar experiences.

I also haven't been sleeping right. For example, I'm writing this at 10:45ish PM. I am exhausted. I am losing focus and feel like I could nod off anytime. But I am certain that I am not going to bed until 2 AM or so...and not for lack of trying.

It's...just been rough, and I missed an upload. I'm sorry about that. Especially if anyone out there was looking forward to this show as an ESCAPE from similar issues. I promise that unless something drastic happens, I'll be there for you this weekend.

As for the stuff I normally talk about on the show, I've completed my watchthru of Batman The Animated Series. And I'm now very deep into Batman Beyond. And I suspect I'll soon be watching Superman. And Justice League. And so on...  Once I get on a tick, I maintain it.

I'm also waiting on some music to arrive. And so on...  There'll be plenty to talk about on the next show. Thanks for understanding why I didn't post a different one this week.

-Uncle Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment