Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Episode 144 - I Really Want a Beer...and a Vest

In this slightly all over the place episode I talk about how much I hate the DMV, bid farewell to Sal Piro and David Crosby, consider wearing vests, and review new music from Iggy Pop and Guided By Voices. Check it out! Be there or don't!

Email me: db@derekbrink.com

Time Index:

Photos:
Here's the cover photo. I feel like the RHPS book pulls too much focus, but I don't have that many things that reference Sal Piro, and he co-authored that one. If anyone has a line on a reasonably priced copy of his Creatures of the Night book, holla.

See? Told you he helped write it.

From Sal's introduction to the book. Seemed an appropriate sign-off.

The Byrds stuff I mentioned. I checked and the 5 Classic Albums collection IS still available on Amazon, if you're interested, but the greatest hits will more than do it for most people.

Seriously. If you don't have these two records--or Deja Vu at MINIMUM--get your shit together.

Highly recommend both of these releases from Croz's solo career. For Free is especially fantastic.

There's a new GBV album! And it's FINE! AGAIN!

There's a new Iggy Pop, too! And I'm very excited about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment