Monday, May 10, 2021

Talk to you soon...

 I am presently on the worst run of bad luck I think I've ever had in my life, and I just can't get it together to do my fun little show this week.

Last Friday (4/30) my car stopped working in a parking garage. I had to wait for 6 hours to get a tow truck (I can't WAIT to tell that story on the show). The car was "repaired" on Monday (5/3) for $660. On Tuesday (5/4) my lawnmower stopped working--it's only two years old. On Wednesday (5/5) my dryer stopped working (haven't called anyone to look at it yet--it's about 30 years old). On Thursday (5/6) some siding fell off the underside of my roof. I got Friday off...but then on Saturday I got a book delivered that turned out to be used and beat up that was advertised as new on Amazon and they aren't helping with the dispute. (This is the smallest of my problems, but it's on the pile.) Then on Sunday...ready?  My car stopped working again. In the exact same way. Same problem. (And some dick on Facebook crossed a personal line with me and got blocked--again, barely a problem.) Had the car towed to the shop, walked the key up to them today (for some reason they don't have a key-drop) at 7 a.m. and they're not able to look at it until tomorrow.

So. No. Fuck it. I didn't get a show together. Sorry if my terrible week makes yours worse as a result.

Tomorrow I'm going to get my second COVID shot. With my present run of luck, I'm expecting it to stop my heart immediately. Send good thoughts.

Probably a show this upcoming weekend though...assuming the heart thing doesn't happen. And the week doesn't get worse.

Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment