Thursday, September 2, 2021

Non-Episode: Rest in Peace Daffney Unger

I uploaded my thoughts on the death of pro-wrestler (WCW/TNA/Shimmer/etc) Daffney Unger. I don't want to promote this as an "episode" but I do hope some people will listen to it. Fair/Trigger warning: This upload contains discussion of depression and suicide. Daffney died apparently at her own hand, and I was in the unfortunate position of more or less seeing what served as her suicide note...

This episode also includes me crying. I'm not going to hide that. It's there. I needed to talk about this. I need others to hear it. But more importantly, the world lost someone who was fucking COOL. And I'm heartbroken over it. So this upload is I guess kind of a tribute...but it's also marching orders...and they're the same marching orders that I give at the end of every show...

Be good to each other.
Be good to yourselves.
Forgive each other.
Forgive yourselves.

And please...fuck...PLEASE if you need help, get help.

Here's the player. Please take it to heart.

And remember, if nobody else says it to you, I will... I love you. Keep fighting.

-Uncle Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment