Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Episode 116 - Where Cellphones Make Women Poop (Also a Mouse Dies in this One!)

This episode is all over the place, and those are usually my favorites. I talk about Bob Saget, The French Dispatch, Brain Candy, Eddie Vedder, The Violent Femmes, Sara Bareilles, and a bunch of other stuff...and at one point a mouse dies in this episode! In the interest of full disclosure, it was recorded prior to this past weekend and a LOT has happened since then! But here it is...better late than never!

Remember that you're free to e-mail me at db@derekbrink.com!

Here's the time break-down:

And here are some photos:
Here's the cover. As a fun fact, I got a new area rug! My whole living-room presently smells like new rug...which I just recently learned might actually be the smell of formaldehyde. Which is fucking weird.

Wes Anderson's newest movie, which I was surprised is already on Blu! Enjoyed it!

The Kids in the Hall's Brain Candy...which--you won't believe it--just came to BluRay for THE FIRST TIME! And it's ABOUT time! What it lacks in extra features, it makes up for in finally being on BluRay!

The new solo album for Eddie Vedder. I can't stop spinning it, personally!

The Violent Femmes' first one. In the episode I debated about if it's from 1987 and 1983 and I landed on 87...which is wrong! It's from 83! So I have absolutely no idea why we were all losing our shit over this record in the mid-90s. But hey. Whatever! Good record!

One of the most pleasant surprises of the past year or so (musically) has been finding out that I like Sara Bareilles. Her live album from last year is a brilliant listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment