Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Episode 135 - Music Ketchup?

I'm finally back doing my solo-act! And in this one I mostly tell some stories and catch up on some recent releases from Julian Lennon, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, The Pixies, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphys. It's fun. Come have fun with me! :)

And feel free to e-mail me at db@derekbrink.com.

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 17:20 - Church Girls
  • 17:50 - Music Reviews (Intro)
    • 18:41 - Julian Lennon - Jude
    • 21:38 - Flogging Molly - Anthem
    • 24:02 - Dropkick Murphys - This Machine Still Kills Fascists
    • 27:51 - Pixies - Doggerel
    • 29:53 - Demi Lovato - Holy Fvck
    • 37:47 - Taylor Swift - Midnights
  • 47:01 - Being There
  • 47:31 - Outro
Photos:
It's weird that you have a folder full of the cover photos, Dennis...but here it is. For your collection. Dennis.

I talked about making some finger-weavings for the cats. Here they are playing with them! I've got to admit that I've left the "Jonco" colored one sitting out and thought it was his tail!

The Pixies...or...Fixies?...put out a really great new album that you should make it a point to get into.

New Flogging Molly album. It's a Flogging Molly album.

Julian Lennon wrestles with an accepts his role as "Jude" on this album. And it's great.

Everybody has this album. But you haven't heard MY thoughts on it yet. So here ya' go. :) 

The new DKM album is a very different outing for them. And it's a very welcome one.

Demi Lovato says "fuck" a lot on this album. It's the main thing I remember about it. And I've got to think she intended otherwise... Also, please enjoy my reflection in the jewel case.


No comments:

Post a Comment