Thursday, March 22, 2018

Episode 30 - If This Isn't Nice, I Don't Know What Is

This week's show is evidence that surrounding yourself with stuff you like can greatly impact your mood.  I started out subdued and kinda down, but was my regular self by the end of it.  And I owe it all to talking about new music from David Byrne and the Decemberists, pro-wrestling (including my thoughts on the Ultimate Deletion and the stunning return of Daniel Bryan), and random stuff like The Legend of Zelda, Red Dwarf, and Kurt Vonnegut.

Here's the player:



Here are the time indexes:
  • 0:00 - Intro, including a startling omission from the previous episode.
  • 8:13 - Music Break #1 - "Earned" from my "Things I Meant to Say" album.
  • 8:44 - Music Stuff, including my excitement at the Flogging Molly/DKM tour and reviews of the new albums by David Byrne and the Decemberists.
  • 19:42 - Music Break #2 - "Napalm" from the "Something to Look Forward to" album.
  • 20:13 - Wrestling Talk including a summary of my conversation with Tony Schiavone, my thoughts on the Ultimate Deletion, and my thoughts on the return of Daniel Bryan
  • 40:59 - Music Break #3 - "The Last Folk Singers" from the "Sorry, I Didn't Mean to Shout" release.
  • 41:32 - Assorted topics including my final thoughts on Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the most recent season of Red Dwarf, and my love of Kurt Vonnegut.
And here's a mess of photos:
Here's the cover photo, big enough that you can see it.

This is the coffee I had at the St. Patrick's Day parade.

This is the band that plays every year.  The Irish Aires are one of my favorite parts of the day.

Together at last!

I reviewed these albums. In this order. Wonders never cease.

A couple of my photos came out crooked. Oh well. 

This one's crooked, too.

This one looks pretty good, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment