Thursday, March 29, 2018

Episode 31 - Love and Happiness and All that Kind of Crap

This week's episode was a fun one for me and I hope you'll like it too. I play the guitar for a while in this episode as I demo the Mel9 effect made by Electro-Harmonix.  They make really unique pedals and this one very literally has the capacity to turn your guitar into a SYMPHONY. Apart from that, I talk about stuff I've recently watched on TV including The IT Crowd, Splitting Up Together, and NOT Roseanne (but not for political reasons).  I also talk about stuff I bought from Kerry Cottage in Maplewood, MO and a little bit about the Rolling Stones at the end.  There's a little something for everyone.  Here's the player:



Here are the time indexes:
  • 0:00 - Introduction including an update on my health, an update on my new album, and a segment where I talk about buying stuff from Kerry Cottage.
  • 10:33 - Music Break #1 - "Give It Up" off of my Ink-Stained Fingers album.
  • 11:06 - Demo of the Mel9 guitar pedal by Electro-Harmonix.
  • 36:41 - Music Break #2 - Just Another Day off of my Wayne County EP.
  • 36:58 - TV Talk including a diatribe about why I'm NOT watching Roseanne, a late-to-the-party review of The IT Crowd, and a review of Splitting Up Together.
  • 52:30 - Music Break #3 - A snippet of "Amanda, I'm Tired" from the upcoming album.
  • 52:51 - Outro, including my wishes for you to have a happy Easter or April Fools Day and a bit where I talk about the Rolling Stones and why they're important to me on April 1.
And here are a bunch of photos:
The cover photo for those who like to see it big enough to see it...
This is the stuff I bought at Kerry Cottage, including TWO kinds of Barry's Tea and a blackthorn walking stick!
The Mel9, one of my new favorite pedals!
A full-look at the Telecaster I used to demo the above pedal on the show.

A close-up of the "face" of the guitar. You can see that those are not the standard pickups, and the Who pick I referenced in the show. As a side note, I love how this picture came out and am considering making it my Facebook profile pic for a bit.

This is a weird bridge. There's a D-Tuner for dropping into Dropped D at the flick of a switch, and also a B-Bender, which would allow you to bend notes on the B-String through use of an attachment that goes around back and rests on your hip.  I don't use the B-Bender very often.

The neck of my guitar misses Lou Reed.

The three Stones records I particularly zeroed in on. Listen toward the end to find out my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment