Thursday, April 5, 2018

Episode 32 - Mostly TV and Jesus

I considered calling this episode "Jesus Christ Supershow," but it seemed a little on the nose. It's a slightly short episode. but I cover a lot of ground. In addition to obviously talking about Jesus Christ Superstar, I also talk about some of my other favorite secular-produced works about Jesus and defend the secular depiction of Christ in general. In addition, I talk about stuff I've recently been watching on TV including Man Down, Splitting Up Together, and the WWE. I liked doing this one. Hope you enjoy listening to it!



Time indexes:
  • 0:00 - Intro Stuff
  • 3:46 - Music Break #1 - "Not So Middle Life Crisis" off my "Trigger Warnings and Sunshine" album
  • 4:16 - Stuff I've recently watched on TV. I talk about Man Down, Splitting Up Together, and Wrestling at length and also mention Deadliest Catch.
  • 18:38 - Music Break 2 - "Nobody Has It All" from The Wayne County EP
  • 19:06 - Discussion of my favorite pop-culture stuff involving Jesus Christ, with particular attention paid to Jesus Christ Superstar. Breaking it down further...
    • 19:30 - Jesus Christ Superstar
    • 34:18 - The Last Temptation of Christ
    • 36:00 - Music from The Velvet Underground and Big Star
    • 36:48 - Dogma
    • 38:22 - Alice Cooper's stage show
    • 40:45 - Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter
    • 41:24 - Punk Rock Jesus
And I say some other stuff too, probably.  Didn't take a lot of photos this week because there's a lot of the above that I don't have in physical form--sorry!  But here's a big version of the cover photo, since you made the effort to come here.


No comments:

Post a Comment