Thursday, April 12, 2018

Episode 33 - I was looking for the word derivative when I said formulaic.

You wouldn't guess it from the photo, but in this episode I talk about wrestling for over 40 minutes, covering Wrestlemania, Raw, and Smackdown.  But before that, I talk about new music from Guided By Voices, Sloan, and Jason Isbell.  I also talk about 30-year-old music from Iron Maiden.  Then I talk about stuff I've recently watched on DVD including the movie Clue, the movie A Mighty Wind, and the "Almost the Truth" documentary on Monty Python.  There's a lot going on in this episode!  Here's the player:


Here's the time index stuff...
  • 0:00 - Introduction Stuff.
  • 3:36 - Music Break 1 - What Matters Most off of my "Something to Look Forward to" album.
  • 4:06 - Music reviews, including Guided By Voices "Space Gun," Sloan "12," and Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit "Live at Twist & Shout 11.16.07."  Then a fond remembrance and celebration of the 30th anniversary of Iron Maiden's "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son."
  • 19:38 - Music Break 2 - Not Okay off of my "Trigger Warnings & Sunshine" album.
  • 20:09 - Talking about stuff I've watched on TV recently including the movie "Clue," the movie "A Mighty Wind," and the "Almost the Truth" Monty Python documentary.
  • 36:04 - Music Break 3 - Immortal off of my "Out from the Light" album.
  • 36:34 - Wrestlemania Week Wrap-Up! Includes discussion of Wrestlemania, Raw, and Smackdown.
  • 1:17:22 - Music Break 4 - AMB4 off of my "Grounds" album.
  • 1:17:53 - Outro.
And here's a mess of photos:

The cover at full size and with the logo where I actually wanted it rather than where the thumbnail forced it to go on the SoundCloud page.
All the stuff.  Except the wrestling stuff, because there's really no way to show pictures of those shows without being sued.
Guided By Voices - Space Gun

Sloan - 12

Jason Isbell - Live at Twist & Shout 11.18.07
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Hard to believe this album is 30 years old!  To me, it still sounds like the future.

One of my favorite movies.

Another of my favorite movies.  Sorry this one's a little fuzzy...hard to get the light to work right with so much pastel.

Monty Python is always great.

No comments:

Post a Comment