Thursday, June 14, 2018

Episode 40 (featuring Dave Brink and Commedore) - The Pleasant Sloppy Drunks

It's a very different episode this week. I got tired of listening to myself, so I blindsided my brother Dave and my friend Commedore with phone calls and recorded them. We mostly talked about the Dropkick Murphys/Flogging Molly show in St. Louis on the 12th, but took a few turns as well (especially in the call with Dave). I don't talk about a lot else. It's mostly just raving about those bands, that show, and music in general.  It was fun.  Here's the player:


Here's sort of a time index:
  • 0:00 - Intro stuff including talking about how I spent my weekend and stuff like that...
  • 6:22 - Music break 1 - "Not Quite Middle Life Crisis" off the "Trigger Warnings and Sunshine" album.
  • 6:52 - I start talking about the Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly show, but then get bored of hearing my own voice...so...
  • 12:35 - I call my friend Commedore and talk about the concert, particularly the opening act Jake Burns, who I missed.
  • 27:12 - I call my brother Dave and we talk about the concert some more and music in general for a long time.
  • 1:06:58 - Music Break 2 - "Of Death and Dying" from my "Ink-Stained Fingers" album.
  • 1:07:30 - Outro stuff.
And here are some photos:

Here's the cover photo, bigger so you can see it...but it's a weird tri-selfie, so who really wants to? Photo taken at the DKM/Molly show.

I referenced this in the show. This is the size of the BOX my new pedal board came in...

The ticket!

So cool to have both names on the same shirt!

DKM shirt from the show. I am exactly as fat as I look in this photo.

Flogging Molly shirt. Also I'm realizing as I'm writing this that I'm pointing at something in almost all of these photos.

Flogging Molly Polo-style shirt. I can probably actually wear this to work!
Thanks for your support, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment