Friday, August 31, 2018

Episode 48 - A Pod of a Cast

This week's episode was fun for me. I played guitar for about half an hour, demoing the Strymon Mobius. I also talked a little about recent guitar accessory purchases, tell you about what I've recently been listening to, talk about some (very little) wrestling, a couple of podcasts, and so on.  I crammed a lot into this episode for it being half guitar-playing!  Here's the player:


Before I get into the times, here's a link to my friend's podcast that I mentioned on the show.

Here's how the time breaks down:
  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 6:30 - Music Break #1 - "Stranger"
  • 7:00 - Hodge Podge including wrestling, Current Listening, Philosoffee Podcast, and the Kurt Vonneguys podcast
  • 18:01 - Music Break #2 - "Falling"
  • 18:31 - Talking about guitar accessories
  • 35:32 - Music Break #3 - "Not Okay"
  • 40:02 - Demoing the Strymon Mobius
  • 1:02:20 - Music Break #4 - "Angel"
  • 1:02:50 - Outro

And here are the photos:

The cover. And one of my custom picks. 

This is the main part of the show. The Strymon Mobius in its glory.

The two new guitar straps I bought.

This is the ESP guitar I played on the show and the strap I now have on it. It's the same kind of strap Mike Cooley of the Drive-By Truckers has on one of his guitars.

The Ric bass with its new strap.

Strat and strap.

These are the strings I'm currently using. Ernie Ball makes great strings.

The capos I referenced. This type of capo is a big part of what I do.

My custom Clayton guitar picks.
And my current listening: Bobby Bare Jr and the Jayhawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment