Thursday, July 30, 2020

*BONUS EPISODE* - The Departure Episode (7/30/20)

This episode is a BONUS EPISODE where I sit, listen to my "Departure" album, which came out in April, and do more or less a commentary track for it. It's just for fun and for people who like hearing this kind of thing. There will be a "normal" Empty Checking episode to follow this weekend, so don't get too upset if this isn't your kind of thing. :)

I'll be completely honest, I recorded this one and immediately tossed it online without a preview listen, so hopefully I don't say anything too weird. :)

Anyway, here's the player:


And here are some photos of the stuff I talked about:
Here's the cover photo. It's like the album cover, but with shit written on it that shouldn't be there!

These are at least the majority of the guitars used on the album. From Right: Rickenbacker 360, Les Paul Studio (in back--the red makes it blend in with the desk a little), Fender Telecaster, 1973 Martin D18, ESP LTD, Fender Strat.

And these are the basses - Rickenbacker 4003, Ibanez EX Series, Ibanez Soundgear, Fender Signature Series Geddy Lee Jazz.

This is my pedal board as it now stands. There's a whole episode in just listing those things!

I talked about this pedal in the show--the Elements by Dr. Scientist. Easily the best distortion I've ever owned.

The Boss Blues Driver. Presently "retired" from my board, but it's served me well and I'm sure I'll call on it again.

And this one's the real star of this album...the Devin Townsend Mooer Ocean Machine. One of the coolest pedals I've ever been lucky enough to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment