Sunday, November 29, 2020

That's How Biology Works! - 11/28/20

 I start this week's episode thinking it's going to be a "Fast Cash" episode, but it ended up just being a slightly shorter regular episode. Whatever. I talk about music from Bob Mould, Neil Young, and Rufus Wainwright along with telling some personal stories. I like this episode a lot and hope you will too. Here's the player:

Time Index:

  • 0:00 - Intro
  • 6:50 - Updated thoughts on Newcastle Brown Ale / Listener mail.
  • 16:06 - Music Break - Give It Up
  • 16:36 - Music Talk
    • Bob Mould - Distortion Box Set - 17:37
    • Neil Young - Return to Greendale - 26:38
    • Rufus Wainwright - Northern Stars - 32:52
  • 39:04 - Music Break - Coming Storm
  • 39:34 - Outro
    • Story about my friend Bill and keepsakes and such - 40:03

Photos:

The cover, for your collection. I moved back to the desk! :)
Updated my thoughts on Newcastle. This bottle has seen its day come and go...

Awesome 24-disc box set!
...and Bob's autograph!

Neil Young's new release of a live(?) performance of the Greendale album--one of my favorite Neil albums. I bought the crazy-edition that has vinyl and CD and BlueRay and DVD and whatnot.
Really cool limited edition Rufus Wainwright covers album. And it's autographed!

My current guitar picks sitting in what would normally be my business card holder. I talk about both in the episode. In 2020 there's really no need to have a traditional business card on my desk, so I've got my "other" business cards in it. :)
In the episode I said the card holder still had a piece of tape on it that said "Pop's Shop." I was wrong. Turns out he scratched that part in, and the tape just specified what type of stone he used.

I referenced this photo of Grandpa Brink and I from the 90s in the episode too. Worth noting that my guitar pick in the frame was the last one of that run, in case anybody's interested.
It's...possible that I just WAS Geddy Lee at the time...


No comments:

Post a Comment